Genestra Active Chewable B12 with L-Methylfolate 60 Chewable Tablets
ACTIVE CHEWABLE B12 WITH L-METHYLFOLATE
- Contains methylcobalamin, the body-s preferred active form of vitamin B12, plus Metafolin- (L-methylfolate) - the active form of folate
- Assists with the metabolism of proteins, fat and carbohydrates
- Helps in the formation of red blood cells Chewable tablets with natural cherry flavour
- Great taste for excellent patient compliance ACTIVE Chewable B12 with L-Methylfolate
- Supports macronutrient metabolism and red blood cell formation
Active Chewable B12 with L-Methylfolate supports macronutrient metabolism and red blood cell formation. Both methylcobalamin and L-methylfolate help in maintaining normal plasma levels of the protein metabolite homocysteine. Homocysteine can be re-methylated back to methionine via donation of a methyl group from L-methylfolate, with methylcobalamin acting as a necessary cofactor in this remethylation process. In participants with elevated homocysteine levels, high-dose supplementation with methylcobalamin and folic acid for 2 weeks resulted in a significant reduction in plasma homocysteine levels.